Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Harvey

I was never a huge Paul Harvey fan. That's not to mean that I didn't like him - I think I would have had I really paid attention. I knew who he was, but I didn't follow his work, know his history or even know what he stood for. I was always a bit of a distant admirer; listening whenever I'd hear his voice on the radio as I was rolling through the stations. His voice was recognizable. His "the rest of the story" was always enjoyable and his news was not like today's news. I appreciated the not-too-gloomy, just-the-facts way about which he presented it.

I think what I liked about him was that he had this Billy Graham kinda way about him: conservative values, integrity, honesty and a genuineness. I know he probably meant more to others than to me, but I admired him nonetheless and know that we surely lost a national treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment